Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Great Room Reshuffle: Progress at Last!

It's been months since I mentioned our plans for reshuffling, repurposing and generally reimagining 3 of the rooms on our second and third floors. Since then, it has seemed like all those plans came to a grinding halt! Finally, this last couple of weeks I have started to put some more time and energy towards making this happen. While I don't yet have any really dramatic changes to report yet, there has at least been *some* forward movement in the direction of this goal.

Noah's closet has gone from this:

  

to this:


I plan to get the remaining items cleared out this weekend and get the shelf and hardware removed so we can start stripping the wallpaper (the same attractive stuff that was in our front entranceway before we redid it last year!)

As we've been cleaning out Noah's room to prepare for moving the boys into the attic, we've found quite a few things that need a new home. I dropped off a box of books and toys and a big bag of clothes to my neighbour with two younger boys last weekend.

This stack of pajamas and boxer shorts is getting posted on Freecycle later today:


And we do have a couple of things we can list on Kijiji, too, like this big box of Uberstix sets (proceeds to go towards Noah's summer camp fund!)


As usual, I'm amazed at how many things there are in our house that we no longer need. Considering how few purchases we make, I wonder how so much stuff accumulates!

Even though we have not made huge progress towards our final goal, it does finally feel like we have some momentum going on this project; I am hoping to have more updates very soon!

Have you been purging, reorganizing or redoing anything this spring?

DID YOU KNOW? I now have an events page! Come find out where you can catch up with me at a signing, seminar, workshop or food demo HERE.

Love what you read here? Find out how you can help support this blog. 

Want to stay connected in between blog posts?

Click HERE to follow me on Pinterest 

Click HERE to follow me on Twitter

Click HERE to like Abundance on a Dime on Facebook and get updates and tips on living frugally

Click HERE to like Cheap Appétit on Facebook and get updates and tips on frugal eating and cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails