Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective #53


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

BOOK UPDATE: My book, Cheap Appétit : The Complete Guide to Feeding Your Family for Less Than $400 a Month (While Eating Better Than You Ever Thought Possible) has finally gone to press. I still don't have an exact date when it will be available for purchase,  so stay tuned - you'll know as soon as I do! I've started putting page references to recipes that are in the book in my menu plans so you'll know where to find them once it's released :) For more details about the book, go here.
 
Monday: Indian-Spiced Honey Garlic Chicken (p. 188 Cheap Appétit), Coconut Rice (p. 199 Cheap Appétit), peas and carrots

Tuesday: Sausage and White Bean Casserole, broccoli

Wednesday: Everything-But-the-Kitchen-Sink Lentil Soup (p. 162 Cheap Appétit)

Thursday: Leftover Buffet for kids (hubby and I out at his work Christmas party)

Friday: Bacon, Egg and Potato Hash (a variation of Make-It-Your-Way Potato Hash, p.140 Cheap Appétit) 

Saturday: Spaghetti with Creamy Tomato Vegetable Sauce

Sunday: Crispy Pork Cutlets with Milk Gravy (variation of Crispy Parmesan Chicken with Milk Gravy, p. 186 Cheap Appétit), mashed potatoes, green beans and carrots, assorted Christmas cookie platter

For more great meal ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails