Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective #52


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

BOOK UPDATE: My book, Cheap Appétit : The Complete Guide to Feeding Your Family for Less Than $400 a Month (While Eating Better Than You Ever Thought Possible) went to press the week before last. I still don't have an exact date when it will be available for purchase,  so stay tuned - you'll know as soon as I do! I've started putting page references to recipes that are in the book in my menu plans so you'll know where to find them once it's released :) For more details about the book, go here.
 
Monday: Apple & Bacon Baked Beans (p. 177 Cheap Appétit) , honey roasted carrots, fresh baked bread (from Whole Wheat Refrigerator Bread Dough, p. 239 Cheap Appétit)

Tuesday: Spicy Peanut and Tomato Soup (p. 163 Cheap Appétit), cornbread (p. 212 Cheap Appétit)

Wednesday: Toad-in-the-Hole (p. 180 Cheap Appétit), peas, leftover carrots

Thursday: Cheesy Mac and Beef Skillet (p. 148 Cheap Appétit)

Friday: Leftover Buffet

Saturday: Spaghetti

Sunday: Pork and Apple Stew (p. 156 Cheap Appétit), freshly baked bread (from refrigerator dough)

For more great meal ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails