Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective #43


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

Breakfasts: pancakes, pumpkin and cherry muffins, toasted bagels, granola, chocolate chip banana muffins

Lunches: leftovers, sandwiches, pizza

Dinners:

Monday: Spaghetti with vegetables and creamy tomato sauce

Tuesday: Pork fried rice

Wednesday: Thai-Style Peanutty Pasta

Thursday: Hamburgers, corn on the cob, lemon blueberry polenta cake

Friday: Black bean chili

Saturday: Leftover Buffet

Sunday: Lemon and Garlic Chicken, potato salad, green beans sauteed with cherry tomatoes

Snacks & Sides: popcorn, cherries, cantaloupe, grapes, peaches, bananas

For more great meal ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to post what you made. I am the same way, using up every bit of food and with just the 2 of us, we eat leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails