Saturday, July 9, 2011

Yard Sale Report for July 9th, 2011

It was yard sale central in my part of the city this week! I hit about a dozen sales before calling it a day. Although I had great fun browsing, I didn't find a whole lot of interest to me. I did end up coming home with a few items:


I found a single enamel camping plate that exactly matches our set of camping bowls. It was marked $2.00 but I offered $1.00 and got it for that amount. My next find of the morning was a pair of sport sandals for my hubby in brand new condition. I paid $2.00 for them and they fit him perfectly (he's very pleased as his current pair is starting to wear out). At the same sale, I found the set of cat dishes , which I'm sure my cat won't particularly care about, but I'll be happy to replace her current plastic dishes with these ceramic ones. I paid $1.00 for the set. My final purchase of the morning was a couple of CDs (Fleetwood Mac and The Spoons) for $2.00.

Grand total for the day: 6.00 for 6 items, or $1.00 per item.

Did you find anything great this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I think I should start checking out garage sales in my area. This past week on our street one family put out a nice, clean futon with a wooden Ikea type frame and another put out an office desk, both with Free signs. I did stop at a church thrift store this morning and scored a Denver Hayes navy linen/cotton blend skirt for $1. Still had store tags with $36.99 price tag and info on the crease resistance treatment of the fabric. Also found a two quart Kerr jar for my homemade yogurt for $.25, so I'm doing a happy dance. Love seeing your posts of the goodies you find.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to ask, do your cat dishes say "good kitty" in the bottom? I have a similar one, and a cat who eats almost continuously, so it makes me laugh every time she "licks her plate clean".
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, I've been out of town and just catching up on things in cyberspace. No, my cat dishes don't have any writing in the bottom, that would definitely add some extra charm :) Sounds like you've made some great finds lately! People often put out free stuff on the curb in our neighbourhood and we've dragged home quite a few things over the years, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails