Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective #26


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

Breakfasts: banana chocolate chip muffins, granola, Aloha muffins, peanut butter toast, eggs/bacon/hash brown potatoes/toast

Lunches: sandwiches (tuna, turkey salad, peanut butter), pizza, leftovers

Dinners:

Monday: Potato, Bacon & Cheddar Soup, Colourful Cabbage Salad

Tuesday: Moroccan Chickpea Stew, cornbread

Wednesday: Spinach & Beef Enchiladas, leftover cabbage salad

Thursday: Sausage and Onions in Tomato Sauce with Creamy Polenta

Friday: Cheese omelets, leftover cornbread, sliced raw veggies

Saturday: Turkey salad sandwiches, apple slices

Sunday: Pork & Apple Stew, Rhubarb Cinnamon Crunch Cake

For more great meal ideas, head on over to Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

3 comments:

  1. Your menu looks interesting.I am interested in your cheddars soup recipe.Sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  2. me again ,I also am your newest follower.Hope that you will check out my menu plan for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I notice you're making Moroccan chickpea stew; that's one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails