Saturday, August 14, 2010

Yard Sale Report for August 14, 2010

I'm back from my vacation (an awesome family camping trip at Port Burwell Provincial Park) and that means it's time to get back to my bargain-hunting ways :)

I hit 6 yard sales this morning. As it turned out, I made the majority of my purchases at my first stop! Here's what I found there:

*WARNING! DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU"RE ON MY GIFT LIST*



-Blokus game (brand new, still in the shrink wrap) We have the two-person version of this game and love it, this 4-player one's going in my gift cupboard with a specific recipient in mind
-sunflower tray
-set of wine charms still in original packaging

AND

-two rectangular baskets (one small, one mid-size)
-small glass pitcher (perfect for pancake syrup!)
-medium-sized Sigg water bottle

AND

-lightweight Roots tote bag (a bit more stylish than those cloth ones!)
-small star-shaped box (my boys made necklaces for my niece's birthday tomorrow and this will be the perfect thing to present them in!)
-set of glass candleholders
-funky blue glass bottle (you can't see it that well in the photo, but it has these neat semicircular depressions all around it)

AND (drumroll, please!)
 -a Scrabble game with all the original wood tiles!! I''ve been looking for one all season as I have some fantastic gift projects in mind using these. They're actually getting quite difficult to find as there are a lot of us thrifty crafty people hunting them down these days.

I got the whole lot for $17 (I talked the lady down from $25 because I only had $17 on me!) I checked out the price of the Blokus game online and it's $39.99 new and the Sigg bottles are over $20 so I think I got a good deal for this haul :)

I only made one other purchase in the rest of my rounds this morning, but it was one that is going to earn me an Awesome Mom award from my kids:

A bunch of university students were having a yard sale and I got Rock Band, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Guitar Hero AC/DC, the drum kit, mike and two guitars ALL for 15 BUCKS!!!!! We've had Guitar Hero World Tour for a while with just the guitars and my boys are beyond thrilled to now have the drums and mike. In fact this post is going up a lot later than usual since we've been busy giving it a thorough testing out.

Grand total for the morning: 33 dollars for 20 items, or $1.65 an item.
(A little higher than my usual average, but considering the retail value of some of these purchases, still a lot of incredible deals!)

If you found any great deals this week, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails