Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekly Menu Retrospective #7

 Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

Breakfasts: banana blueberry muffins (subbed blueberries for the chocolate chips in this recipe), peanut butter toast (homemade bread), baked oatmeal, blueberry pancakes

Lunches: sandwiches, pizza, leftover chicken and rice

Suppers:

Monday: Choice of tuna burgers or lentil burgers, corn on the cob


Tuesday: Honey-garlic sausage on a bun (scored a few packages of sausage marked down to 1.88 for 6!), crispy pan-fried tomatoes (from the garden), corn on the cob


Wednesday: Macaroni and cheese, carrots and peas


Thursday: Lemon and garlic chicken, rice pilaf, green beans (from the garden) and carrots


Friday: Tuna Pockets (homemade pizza-pocket like sandwiches using refrigerator bread dough with a tuna and cheddar filling), sliced raw veggies


Saturday: Baked Pasta, peas

Sunday: Hamburgers and hot dogs, Southwestern Spiced Barley & Vegetable Salad

Snacks and Sides: Homemade yogurt, peaches, cantaloupe, bananas, pineapple

For more great menu ideas, head over to Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

1 comment:

  1. Your barley recipe looks amazing! Think I'm going to give that one a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails