Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekly Menu Retrospective #6


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

Breakfasts: gingerbread muffins, homemade granola, baked oatmeal, banana blueberry muffins (subbed blueberries for the choc chips in this recipe), bacon/eggs/hash brown potatoes/toast (big Sunday breakfast!)


Lunches: pizza, sandwiches, leftovers

Suppers:

Monday: Southwestern Beef & Macaroni Soup

Tuesday: Barbecued Pork (still using up my stash of 99 cents a pound pork!), corn on the cob, stuffed jalapenos (from the garden), cheesy vegetable bake

Wednesday: Sausages, leftover corn, jalapenos and veggie bake

Thursday: West African Baked Beans (used tomatoes from the garden), carrots, green beans (from the garden), baguette (from the discount rack)

Friday: Hotdogs and Hamburgers, oven fries

Saturday: Sandwich/Burger buffet (using leftovers)

Sunday: Lentil soup and cornbread, Raspberry Cream Cheese Squares (recipe coming soon!)

Snacks & Sides: peaches, cantaloupe, grapes, sliced carrots, cucumber, peppers, popcorn

For more great menu ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails