Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Really Easy Stuffed Jalapenos


My jalapeno pepper plant is producing like crazy right now! This is one of the best ways I know to use up a bunch of them - and they certainly don't last long (at least not around here).

Ingredients:
jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
cream cheese, softened
cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper
1 slice of bacon (uncooked) for every 4 pepper halves

The amount of cheese you need will obviously depend on how many peppers you have to fill. Start with about 1/4 to 1/3 cup cream cheese and stir in about half as much grated cheddar (you can add a bit more if you want, you just want to end up with a bit more cream cheese than cheddar in the mix). Add salt and pepper to taste. Fill the jalapenos pretty generously with this mixture. Cut the bacon slices into 4 equal size pieces and wrap a piece around each stuffed pepper. You can secure the bacon with a toothpick if you want; I usually just tuck the ends underneath the bottom of the pepper. Place the peppers in a baking dish large enough to hold them all without crowding them too much. Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and a little crispy.

I shared this recipe at Tasty Tuesday, the GCC Recipe Swap and Friday Favorites.

6 comments:

  1. Never had this, but they look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard these are really good but I'm always leery because I don't like it too hot even though I am from Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering, and I just ate breakfast... Yummy!!
    Visiting from justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter loves jalapenos. I have to try this out on her. Thanks!

    ~jan @thepaisleycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look divine! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! Jalapenos have always been a little too hot for me, but I know plenty of people who would love these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails