Friday, May 14, 2010

Food Waste Friday: Sweet Nothings!!

I did it! Finally, I have accomplished a zero-food-waste week.

::Does little happy dance::

Hopefully, I'm on a roll now.

To see how others fared with their food waste this week, head on over to The Frugal Girl for the weekly Food Waste Friday roundup.

My challenge for the coming week will be to use up all the rhubarb in my fridge! My neighbour kindly offered me free reign in his large rhubarb patch - I came home with about 15 lbs or so of fresh-picked rhubarb! I chopped up much of it with some help from my younger ds. There was SO much that I filled my largest storage container with it, plus a couple of others, and still had some left over. I'm running low on freezer space at the moment, so I'm planning to whip up a double batch of Rhubarb Muffins to sell at our yard sale tomorrow morning! I'm sure there will still be some left after that, so I might have to get a bit creative to use up the rest of it.

Since we're holding our own yard sale tomorrow, I'm not going to be doing my usual rounds, but I do hope to make it over to a church rummage sale that's not too far away. So, I should still have my weekly Yard Sale Report up tomorrow (last week's is here).

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on zero food waste this week! It's always so exciting not to throw anything away!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails