Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Putting Together an Inexpensive Baby Gift

Most of my creative energy today was directed towards putting together a "welcome baby" gift basket to celebrate the arrival of my friend's new daughter (and her first child!)

What I'm putting in:

-a couple of good "natural parenting" books (generously received through freecycle!)
-a knitted "outdoor ensemble" - hat, mitts, booties - that matches a baby blanket I gave her at her baby shower (I'm still not quite finished - will post a pic hopefully tomorrow!!)
-a couple of baby bath mitts
-"almost instant" dinner (ingredients for a quick soup & cornbread dinner)
-cranberry orange bread
-a baby book
-a list of suggested books for the new mom to read
-a handmade card

I think that's everything!!

I know I've done a good job on a gift basket when I can't wait to give it, and I'm bursting with excitement about bestowing this one on the new mom and babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails